Sunday, May 4, 2008

Redundant, but. . .


I already posted this on my blog, but in case you don't read it - this is the last picture of my kids with G & G before we moved to Mexico (June 2005). I think she looks so great in this picture - just the way I want to remember her. I think at this point we all kind of knew she was sick, but never imagined we were losing her. It makes me so thankful for those weekend drives up to Taylor when we were here visiting at Christmas and Spring Break that first year in medical school.


I actually remember this one day a couple of weeks before Grandma died (I think maybe it was when we took that picture of G and G with the pitch fork and that big family picture of all of us). Grandma was having a particularly good day, considering her health at that point. We moved her chair out to the back porch. She held baby Ada and Caelan on her lap and had the most serene smile on her face. There was just a spirit about her and about the family that day that really invited peace. It is so strange to me right now to think that this day so close to her death would hold such happy memories, but even thinking about it now makes me feel warm and fuzzy. We seriously have the greatest family and we owe it all to Grandma's spirit. She was the GLUE and I know you all agree. We have to remember her to keep that glue holding strong - SO DON'T FORGET!

1 comment:

Barnes Blog said...

I can't forget, that's the problem. I love her so much, and I feel her spirit near sometimes. I miss her more than anyone I have ever missed. I can't believe it's over, it seems too short.